Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Skin and Hurr

Bloggy blog blog! Here I am again. I want to talk about my skincare and haircare routine and what products I use. I want to say that unlike makeup and my love affair with MAC cosmetics, I am in no way loyal to one skincare or haircare brand at this moment. That isn't necessarily a good or a bad thing, but I tend to switch it up a lot. A lot a lot. So with that being said, I'm going to show you what I am currently using and what I think about it. 

First Skin:




This is new to me, but so far I love all of it. I got this in a kit at Sephora because I wanted to try Shiseido, but I didn't want to fork over the full price for just one product. I was in dire need of a new cleanser and Shiseido is known to be one of the best, so here we are. I will list each product with their full size link as well as a link to the kit that I purchased. 

1. White Lucent Brightening Cleansing Foam - So far this is one of the best cleansers I have ever used. It takes away all the gunk from the day and leaves my skin soft. It feels soooo good to wash with and the smell is insane good. 

2. White Lucent Brightening Balancing Softener Enriched - You use this as a sort of toner after the cleanser and I really like it. Not sure this is something I would stick with since I don't have trouble skin, but it still feels nice and seems to remove any left over dirt and oil. If you had issues with oily skin I would totally keep this in the mix. 

3. White Lucent Brightening Protective Emulsion Broad Spectrum SPF 18 - I am over the moon for this moisturizer. I mean I love the other stuff that I use, but this is just lovely. I can use it morning or night with no oiliness or stickiness, and it has that same wonderful smell! 

4. White Lucent Anti-Dark Circles Eye Cream - Honestly the jury is still out on this one. It was included in the kit I got, and I have been using it, but I haven't seen much of a difference yet. I use an eye cream every day, but I'm not sure this one is worth it's hefty price tag. We shall see. It feels nice going on though. 

You can get the same kit I got here. It is well worth the price in my opinion, and you won't be sorry with the results. There are other similar kits here and here if you like. 

Hair Care:



I change my shampoo and conditioner every time I run out. Every. Single. Time. I never stick to one brand or smell. I might do an expensive salon brand one month and an inexpensive drug store brand the next. I might even *gasp* combine the two! Either way I like to try new things and that's ok. It's actually good to switch up your shampoo and conditioner every now and then, so I'm doin it right! 

1. Herbal Essences Wild Naturals Illuminating Shampoo - This shampoo is just ok for me. I will use it and stuff, but eh. I'm such an Herbal Essences fan too. I mean I have always loved the smell and in high school I used to imitate the commercials (Yes, yes, YES!!!) to the chagrin of my friends and family. This is just kind of got a weird after smell if that makes sense. 

2. Herbal Essences Shine Collection Brillance Conditioner - This is good. This smells like the old school HE that I always loved. It really makes my hair shiny too. And sooooooft! 

3. Oscar Blandi Pronto Gloss Instant Glossing Cream - This was a gift from my husband and I use it on my hair when it's damp. I. Love. This. Stuff. This is one that I will absolutely purchase again. D likes to find me random beauty products that I might like and since he is the one that signed me up for Birchbox (for the second time because my card got screwed up the first time and they cancelled me *sadface*) he gets emails and promotions from them. It all works out for Heather's best interest. I have an amazingly thoughtful husband which is just the bees knees! This product tames flyways and frizz and makes my hair even softer. LOVE!

4. Garnier Fructis Curl Scrunch Gel - I've used this one forever. It's good on long or short hair, and holds really well. I can just run it through my damp hair and blow-dry or leave it wet with some wavies. It's got a very mild scent and doesn't make me crunchy. This is one I am pretty loyal to for good reason. 

5. Herbal Essences Body Envy Volumizing Hairspray - I've gotten this twice in a row, and it holds well. I like the scent too. I'm not too picky with hairspray as long as the hold is good, and it doesn't smell like some weird baby powder flower blossom candy cane. There are some weird scents out there people. 

Well that's it! That's what I'm using right now. I hope you find this helpful and maybe try some of these out! If you do, let me know what you think! 

-H

No comments: