Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Goodbye Chocolate, Hello Thigh Gap

My title is very misleading. I have no intention of ever giving up chocolate for any reason, any day, anyhow. I also have no desire to gain a "thigh gap" but I'm secretly hoping that someone who doesn't read actual posts on Facebook will just read the title and make me viral by posting about how unhealthy and thigh gap obsessed I must be. It's my dream. 

So the husband and I have started eating a bit better and exercising somewhat regularly. And by regularly I mean we have done some sort of exercise for the last 3 days and we decided to do this 3 days ago. 

I know that getting healthy and/or fit is on pretty much everyone's mind especially with Spring and Summer right around the corner, so I wanted to share a little bit about what I am doing and eating. It's always nice to have a bit of support when making lifestyle changes, so here we are. 



Don't act like you aren't impressed with my balancing/stacking skills. 

I love fruits and veggies! We got a ton the other day and the only reason a banana isn't in that pic (other than it's hard to stack) is because we ate them all already. Our faves are:
  • Bananas
  • Apples
  • Oranges
  • Kiwi
  • Grapes
  • Blueberries
  • Strawberries
  • Pineapple
Just be careful with fruit because most contain a lot of sugar, and calories so you still need moderation. It makes a great snack if you are craving something sweet, but no need to give up chocolate! Just get chocolate with a higher cacao percentage, and again eat in moderation. Dark chocolate, just like red wine is good for the heart! Did I mention the thing about moderation?

When we aren't running to Subway for a quick dinner, I've been experimenting with cooking a bit and I loved this shrimp stir fry. I just grabbed a bunch of veggies and some frozen shrimp and added just a bit of stir fry sauce once everything was simmered and fairly soft. Wonderful! 



I love breakfast! I love it. I love it so much. My favorite is turkey bacon and scrambled eggs. I used to put cheese in my eggs every time, but that's one thing I've cut out, and I don't do toast with jelly. I'm also trying to stay away from creamer in my coffee, but it's a slow go. I get hooked and then forget how good coffee actually is on it's own. 

That second picture is Raisin Bran Crunch. That is not something I would have for breakfast actually, but rather a snack. It's high in fiber and satisfies my sweet tooth if fruit just isn't cutting it. We get the non-fat lactose free milk (Lactaid) or coconut milk. 


Those are mah feets. I don't know why that one looks so wrinkly and weird. Jeeze! 

I have been doing some walking, jogging, and yoga. It feels good to be active. Even if it's a short session at least I'm doing something. It's like that meme on Pinterest says, "No matter how slow you go, you are still lapping everyone on the couch." It's my mantra. I also love walking with D. Getting outside and enjoying our time is so therapeutic and fun. He is the best workout partner. 

In case you were wondering those sweet kicks are Sketcher's Tone Ups cause I want my booty high and tight! I actually just thought they were real cute and cushy...

I'll keep you up to date on my progress! I've been tracking calories and workouts in the My Fitness Pal app and it's fantastic! 

Gotta go eat some Subway...

-H

No comments: