Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Cold Snap

People. It is colder than a polar bear on the Edmund Fitzgerald. It is more frigid than Rose's right foot as it hung carelessly in the water from her door of lies as she let Jack sink off into the bitter coldness of the icy water knowing all the while that that door would have saved them both! It is icier than Vanilla Ice's freezer! 







Did I give you enough of an idea of how cold it has been with my terrible puns and historical (movieorical) inaccuracy, or are you thirsty for more?

We were supposed to get a snow storm of sorts (anything above an inch of snow with higher than 5mph winds in Tennessee is certifiably a snow storm) but it ended up being ice instead. Ice is worse. Ice is like the apocalypse. Nobody moves for at least 24 hours and if they do, they are labeled insane, and funerals are planned in advance. Ok, maybe it's not that bad, but it's pretty close. Since I came back from Rochester I have been told by every single person here I "brought the snow with me". No I didn't! I left it right where I found it! It's not my fault that snow is all weird and needy. Go away snow! I didn't ask for you! I am in a long term relationship with warm, and you are not wanted!


All that being said, it is beautiful. Even Daisy had a good time. Of course this is when I was holding her. D had to carry her inside twice because her feet just literally stop working. Moose on the other hand does ok. He just runs as fast as he can back to the door before too much cold wetness gets between his toes. 

I hope your week is warmer than mine. Please do not watch Titanic and look for Rose's right foot in the water. I have no idea if that's true or not. I hope it is though. I hope it froze right off on the dirty door hogger. 

-H

Sweater: Banana Republic
Poncho: Thrifted
Jeans: Gap
Boots: Hunter
Bracelet: Gifted 
Earrings: Coach

No comments: